JOIN US FOR THE SILSOE STRIDE ON SUNDAY 27TH JUNE 2021.
The Silsoe Stride is set within the magnificent grounds of Wrest Park and neighbouring farmland. This provides for a very scenic race, ideal for runners of all abilities including those new to running, with a gently undulating route. The Stride is organised by members of the village and all profits are shared to beneficiaries within the village including the School PTA and Pre-School, maintenance of the Village Hall and Millennium Green and village sports clubs.
We are limited to 100 children and 400 senior runners. The 5k is open to walkers and Nordic walkers, but please note that to proceed with the childrens races the senior course will close at 11:00am. There will be a number of Childrens’ races at 100m, 500, and 1,000m depending on numbers and ages. Parents will be contacted before the day to confirm the best distance for their child.
- Location:Wrest Park, Silsoe, Bedford, MK45 4HR
- Start times: Adult 10K – Warm up 9.15am. Race Starts 9.30am |
Adult 5K – Warm up 9.30am. Race Starts 9.45am |
Children’s Races – Warm up 10.45am. Races Start 11.00am
- Distances: Senior – 10K & 5K | Children’s – 1000m, 500m & 100m
- Minimum Age: 10K – 15 | 5K – ANY (under 10’s must run with an adult). Ages as at 27/06/2021
- Maximum Age: Children’s races – 10 on the day, birthday after 27 June 2011
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee: From just £5 per person (Details below). Early Bird prices available for 10K and 5K until midnight 30th April 2021.
- UKA License No: N/A
- Event Cancellation Policy: We want you to book with confidence so, if this event can no longer go ahead, and an alternative date isn’t found, you will be offered a virtual run or a refund of your entry fee. (Booking fees are non-refundable).
- Additional Fees: None
- Event Organiser: Silsoe Stride
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Official Event Website: http://www.silsoestride.co.uk/
Registration opens at 8:30AM on the morning of the race. Registration for seniors ends at 9:15, for Children at 10:30
Please arrive in good time to collect your registration pack, containing your race number and timing chip.
Senior Races – Mildly/moderately undulating on mixed terrain
Childrens’ Races – Wrest Park playing field
Prizes will be given at about 11:30, after the Children’s races, this will be followed by the Raffle Draw.
All finishers will receive a medal.
Finishers of the 10k and 5k will receive a “buy one get one free” pass to Wrest Park.
Finishers in the Children’s races will receive a small gift.
The first girl and first boy in each of the Children’s races will receive a trophy.
The first and second Lady and the first and second Man of the 10k and 5k will receive a financial reward.
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Please wear your number pinned to the front of your vest.
Free Parking is available – please follow the signs down Park Avenue, the race car park is to the left.
Changing and Bag Storage
Come changed and ready to run if possible but a baggage area is provided.
Dogs are allowed on the field but please keep them under control and on a lead. Please especially keep them away from the racing area.
Home Farm is a working farm – no dogs are allowed around the farm tracks. For your safety we ask that you listen carefully to instructions from marshals.
Toilets will be provided for the event.
Water will be provided on a Covid-safe way on the 10K and at the finish. Full info will be provided in the final details.
ActiveTrainingWorld do not offer transfers or deferrals for this event or any events listed on the website. If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc.
If the event should have to be cancelled due to reasons beyond ATW’s control (for example, severe weather, local or national lockdown) entrants will be given a range of options to choose from, which will include a refund of their entry fee.
By entering this event you agree to the below terms and conditions:
Your name, date of birth and email details will be passed onto the chip timing company. Personal details will be deleted 1 week after the event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
- Early Bird prices available for 5K and 10K until midnight 14th May 2021
|Silsoe Stride 10K Early Bird||£20|
|Silsoe Stride 5K Early Bird||£10|
|Silsoe Stride Childrens' Races||£5|
- April 1, 2021